How Will You Keep Stress To A Minimum This Christmas?
November 20th, 2015
I know what I’ll be doing…enjoying the season! The music, the lights, the energy in the air, the dinners AND desserts, the ugly sweaters, the movies…classics, favorites and the cheesy ones too! Contemplating the birth of Jesus and of course all of the Santa’s (I do have a
large collection of them, after all).
Joe and I decided several years ago, maybe 2008, to STOP shopping for Christmas. I don’t mean STOP completely, but mostly. We decided that:
1. We didn’t have the “desire” to shop at Christmas, not like everyone else is, anyway.
2. This family was growing quickly, and let’s
be honest…we would not enjoy Christmas, as we now do, if we were stressed about what to buy for everyone.
3. Making gifts and buying handmade felt better and made a LOT more sense, for us.
4. Sharing memories meant more.
5. Corporate greed is way over done.
6. I LOVE the final outcome of the family video I make every year (as I hope they all do). It’s actually a bit therapeutic and a very enjoyable process. Creating it is not without it’s hiccups, but I always seem to figure it out (Marie Forleo says everything is figureoutale, I think she’s right!), and just in the Saint Nick of time! Now if Apple would just stop messing with iMovie…
So what will you do to keep the stress down this year? Are you willing to change some traditions and put “sanity”, “peace” and “calm” on your list? And what is your FAVORITE Christmas movie? (I could never narrow it down to one!)
I’d love to hear your ideas.