Posted by Marie On October 29th, 2014
Everything is NOT about money. Let it go. Sometimes you just have to do things for the sake of doing it. Does it make you feel good? Will it empower you…others? Is it beautiful? Does it speak to you? Will it change your life? Will it change someone else’s life? Does it matter? Do YOU matter? (The answer is yes. YOU matter.)
Sometimes things don’t have to OR need to make sense. You just need to do it. Say it. Experience it. Be it. Create it. Feel it. It’s all good. It’s all beautiful. Is it coming from YOUR heart space? Do you feel compelled? Does it light you up? Yes? Then it’s a go.
And for the LOVE OF GOD…stop worrying about what everyone else will think and do what feels good, right, on purpose, for YOU. Live. Love. Laugh. Dream. Believe. Inspire. You got this…and you don’t need permission from anyone but YOU.
Posted by Marie On October 24th, 2014
I have searched my entire life for the perfect diet, the magic pill, the easy way out. Yes, there are many, many, m-a-n-y diets out there. But what I have discovered over the years of losing weight, and gaining weight, and losing weight, and gaining weight, is this: the answer, the cure, the path, the desire all comes from within. At no time in my life have I ever fully taken responsibility for the life that I am living. I have blamed when something doesn’t go my way or when I can’t figure something out. Or when I feel like crap. It’s so much easier to blame and point fingers at someone or something on the outside, rather than going within.
I am here to tell you that YOU, ME, US…WE all have the answers. We always have. The problem is we don’t pay attention. We shut down that voice inside. Not the voice in our head, but rather our intuition. That part of us that knows, that guides, that leads us to our better self. For years I have silenced that part of “me”, not trusting or believing that I could possibly have an answer. How can “I” know what is best for me? Haven’t I been told my whole life WHAT to think, believe, read? Who to follow, who to watch? Jesus knows, God knows, it’s spirit, it’s religion, that’s unholy, that’s not what Jesus would do. Do you really believe that? Don’t you know better? Go to church. Go to school. Go to the office. Stop daydreaming. Pay attention. Don’t do that. Do this. And all along, the answer was inside. This is what I wish I would have known…would have been told…would have taught my daughters and sons.
You, I, we, all of us have a God given ability to find our own answers. That silent part inside; the whisper of God. Instinct. Intuition. DO you hear it? Is your body saying no? Is your body saying YES? Are you paying attention? Listen. Listen. Pay attention to that. Trust yourself to know the answer, God is guiding you. Get silent. Meditate. Pray. Listen to your breath. Feel your heartbeat. Does it feel good? Does it feel right? Is something off? What does your gut tell you? That my friend is your answer.
I do not want to ever cut out an entire food group. I want to live. I want to taste the pleasures that life has for me…all of them! And I want to do it responsibly. Not a “diet” not a “program”. Not a “proven system”. I want to create good habits so that living a life and feeling good is natural, the way God inteded it to be. He thought of everything. He left nothing out. He wants to give you the desires of your heart. He wants you to be happy. He wants you to give love and to receive it too. He wants you to enjoy the pleasures that He has so graciously given to us.
Without love you have nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! (NO-THING).
And guess where that starts? With you.
Can you make a decision right now to be happy despite not having the body, the life that you want, in the present moment? And know that you are worthy? If you can do that, start to feel good each day, everything you desire will come to you. It is TRUE! Love yourself, feel GOOD. Share LOVE & JOY with everyone you meet. GIVE. Love. BLESSED. Behave as if it is coming TODAY! What would you do if you had the body that you desired today? How would you treat it? What would you do? Would you go for a walk? Would you dance? Would you celebrate? Would you make love? You are a magnet! You will attract all of this into your life if you do it now…do it now as if!
Inspire others. Encourage others. You are the authority in your own life. Do not give away your power, YOU are the expert of YOU. Ask inside of you. Your body, your cells, are listening to you. When you blame and judge others, you are blaming and judging yourself! And you WILL attract more of that. Want more love? Then send more love. Give more love.
Stop. Stop in this moment. Stop. Breathe. Breathe. Inhale light. Exhale dark. Inward. Love. Say it…say it…I love you. Say it again. I love you. Take a moment. Sit with it. Be still. Be silent. Inward first. Always inward first. Now…who have you not forgiven? Who do you hold responsible for your misery? Who are you shaming? Who are you blaming? Who do you judge? Stop. Right now. Breathe. Silence. Breathe again. Now. Say it. Say it. I send you love. I send you love. I send you love. Silence. Breathe.
Is it you? IS. IT. YOU? Of course it is. It IS you. It is you in different pants, different hair, different shoes, but yes, IT. IS. YOU. Send love. Right now. To her. To you. Send love.
When we find faults in others, we are looking in a mirror. A reflection of self. Forgive. Love. Believe. You. I. We. Are. Possible.
Posted by Marie On October 23rd, 2014
I LOVE baking bread. Actually, I love baking. Period. And I’ve been in my kitchen a lot lately. As fall approaches every year, I find myself nesting and getting ready to “settle in”. September is as much a love as fall itself. In my mind, it’s the new January. So with that comes more time on Pinterest and more time with the oven on! Baking anything from scratch has always been a passion. Sometimes when I know I’m going to be home alone for a day or two, I plan my whole day around “what I will bake.” And off to Pinterest I go, looking for recipes and pinspiration.
This year we will enjoyed some r&r time in a cabin on a lake, up north. I couldn’t have been more excited. A dream come true… mornings spent with my book, a hot mug of coffee, Joe on the lake fishing and a fully equipped kitchen for me and lots of time to bake. Perfect. Yes, it was.
Baking reminds me of when I was a little girl. My mom made everything from scratch. Processed food had little room in our house, and growing up with a stay-at-home mom (I think all mom’s stayed at home back in “those” days…didn’t they?) gave me a great foundation.
And who doesn’t love a good slice of bread? I know there is much controversy over “bread” these days…I have had this argument with myself plenty! But my opinion is this: I love bread, I love baking it, and I love breaking it; I have no plans to quit. It is both meditative and theraputic; an art form to some. I use good quality organic ingredients as much as I possibly can and I don’t eat the whole loaf. I share it. Non-GMO is SUPER important to me, and as of this writing, if it is labeled “organic” it is non-GMO and in my opinion safe(er). For those that have a gluten allergy or sensitivity (like my grandkids) and shouldn’t eat bread, please don’t. (btw…finding out if you have a gluten sensitivity is easy with my do-it-now-detox.
I am not in favor of eliminating whole food groups, as long as you are using good ingredients, buying responsibly and doing your cooking at home as much as possible. We steer clear of processed foods in our house and do lots of “from scratch” cooking (yes, even cake…eat the cake!) I believe it’s key. (psssttt…nothing is “good” or “bad”, those are just LABELS that WE give. Think about it.)
I love being in my kitchen and feel that the benefits of doing something I love and enjoy, far out weigh the “contoversary” of whether or not we should be eating it. Primary (soul) food is just as important as what we are physically putting into our mouths. Joe is a hunter gatherer, so meat will always be a part of our diet. Responsible. Our freezer is full of venison, wild turkey and beef from a local farmer that raises free range cattle, eating lots of grass (you know, the way they are supposed to.)
Here is the recipe I have been using as of late:
Posted by Marie On October 22nd, 2014
Show up. Be authentic. For yourself. NO-ONE else. It’s not about counting calories. It’s not about a number on a scale. It is about being present. In the moment. In this moment. Worthy. You are worthy. Ask the right questions. What if everything you’ve done so far is the reason you are here…right now…your purpose. Then what? Look at it from a point of curiosity, rather than judgement- what will come up? Wonder. Wonder… There is nothing you can’t do. It doesn’t matter how old you are. Vision. Have a vision. WHEN you come through it, and you will, you WILL take others through it too. Get clear. Focus. YOU are the focus. You.
How do you WANT to feel? Dream. Believe. Have faith. What will you do to get that feeling? Baby steps. Slow & steady. Consistent. Committment. Be committed. Rewire. Jump. You win because you are prepared for failure. Prepared FOR failure. Failure is only one way that didn’t work. Failure means progress. You are prepared. You keep going. You know there is a way. Find it. Find a way. Figure. It. Out. Keep going. Jump. Your beliefs always override your values. You believe. Are you interested or are you committed? Commit. Just do it. You will succeed because you will always find what doesn’t work. And then… you change it. And you keep changing it. That is HOW you… Figure. It. Out. And oh yes…remember to show up. This is for you. It’s all for YOU.
Posted by Marie On September 11th, 2014
PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
1/2 C Pumpkin (I like a LOT!)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use ProFit from It Works)
1/2 cup milk of choice (more for if you like it thinner- I use homemade almond)
1 frozen banana (this eliminates the need for ice and makes it creamier)
Pumpkin pie spice to taste
Whirl it up in the blender, sprinkle with extra spice and ENJOY!
Posted by Marie On August 11th, 2014
How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways…
- I love that your decadence tastes sinfully delicious, yet it’s the “healthiest” of fats.
- I love that you make my skin beautiful. The antioxidants in avocados help to get rid of toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. A lot of the toxins on your facial skin are the residue of makeup. Applying 1 mashed avocado as a facial mask and leaving it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing will help to remove these toxins and soften the skin. I promise, in the end, you will not look like the Wicked Witch of the West.
- I love to use you as a spread on my Ezekiel bread toast with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- I love that you make my hair shiny. One avocado mashed and mixed together with 1 egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry and brittle hair, and the vitamin E helps to restore a natural shine to your hair. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
- I love to use you in my salads. Any kind of salad.
- I love to use you on my sandwiches in place of mayonnaise.
- I love that you complete me. Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body, because avocados also contain fiber. If you are trying to cut down on animal sources of protein in your diet, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados are a great nutritional ally to include not merely as an occasional treat, but as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
- I love to use you in my smoothies to add some creamy richness.
- I love to scramble you in my egg white omelet.
- I love that you help me with my ABCs. While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the various nutrients and “healthy” fats make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat. Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
Oh, yes, I truly do love you.
Posted by Marie On July 25th, 2014
Did you know that food has vibrations that allow it to create change in our bodies on a cellular level? Food that is alive and from the earth will energize and invigorate you, while processed, pre-packaged, dead food will leave you feeling lethargic and uninspired, like a light that has fizzled out. Makes sense doesn’t it?
Dark green leafy vegetables are full of chlorophyll, which is basically liquid sunshine. It is the substance in plants that allows them to absorb light from the sun and convert it into usable energy. When we consume raw dark green vegetables such as kale, broccoli, and Swiss chard, we fill our body with the equivalent of the plant’s life blood – the very thing that allows a seed to flourish and take form.
Chemically, the blood of the plant, chlorophyll, is very similar to our blood and, when consumed, it helps us to oxygenate and breathe life into every cell. Pretty cool, huh? Chlorophyll is also extremely cleansing and detoxifying.
Here are some other high vibrational foods for you to try:
- Tree Fruits – try apples, pears, bananas, coconuts, avocados, nectarines, peaches, plums, apricots, oranges, lemons, limes, mangos, pomegranates, blueberries, cherries, and olives.
- Non-green veggies
- Raw Cacao – chocolate in its pure form has over 1,200 phytonutrients. It contains nutrients like magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, copper, and manganese. It also contains phenylethylamine, which are the feel good characteristics, and theobromine which dilates the cardiovascular system to allow all the benefits to come in.
- Goji Berries – packed with antioxidants, which can help minimize free radical damage to our cells.
- Cultured and Fermented Foods –a great source of probiotics, which will help your digestion stay on track.
I firmly believe in the old saying, “You are what you eat.” Junk in = feeling like junk, and rich, living, nutrient-dense food = much happier body and mind. Don’t just take my word for it. We’ve all tried the junk in, junk out experiment, so don’t you think it’s time to rock your body and mind with some fresh and fabulous food? By eating food that vibrates at a higher frequency, we increase our life-force energy and feel more radiant inside and out.